Cheryl Carolus "started her career in 1979 as a secondary school teacher. In 1983 she took up the post of full-time Provincial Secretary of the UDF Western Cape, and in 1985 she became UDF National Co-ordinator. In 1990 she joined the University of Western Cape as Education Resources and Information Project Staff development Officer. In 1991 she was elected full-time member of the African National Congress (ANC) National Executive Committee and Head of the Human Development Department of the National Working Committee. Ms Carolus became the NEC Co-ordinator of ANC policy in 1992 and in 1994 she was elected Deputy Secretary General of the ANC; she became Acting Secretary General of the ANC in 1997. From 2001-2004, she served as the Chief Executive Officer of South African Tourism. Cheryl Carolus is the Founder and Executive Chair of Peotona Group Holdings (Pty) Ltd.
"Ms Carolus holds BA (Law) and BA (Education) degrees from the University of the Western Cape. She is married to Mr Graeme Bloch. She assumed her post as South African High Commissioner to London on 2 March 1998." 
- Director, Gold Fields 
- Executive Committee, International Crisis Group
- WWF International: Trustees
- Former Director, International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
- Former Associate, National Institute for Economic Policy
- Director, WWF South Africa 
- Benefit Committee, Legal Resources Centre 
- Council, African Union Foundation 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Cheryl Carolus, International Crisis Group, accessed April 7, 2009.
- Gold Fields Board, organizational web page, accessed September 2, 2012.
- About, WWF South Africa, accessed June 26, 2009.
- Benefit Committee, Legal Resources Centre, accessed February 25, 2010.
- African Union Foundation Council, organizational web page, accessed September 16, 2018.