- "Chike Mba is Agricultural Officer (Plant Genetic Resources Use) in the Plant Production and Protection Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Rome, Italy. His responsibilities encompass a repertoire of policy and capacity building interventions for enhancing the sustainable use of Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture in member countries of FAO; the remit includes oversight for [the Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building (GIPB)]. Prior to this FAO tour of duty, he led the Plant Breeding and Genetics Laboratory of the Joint Programme of Nuclear Techniques in Food and Agriculture of FAO and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna and Seibersdorf, Austria for seven years. Also, he was a cassava breeder in his native Nigeria for several years and was implemental to developing and deploying genomics tools for the crop during his five-year tenure at the International Centre for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT), Cali, Colombia. While at CIAT, he also coordinated the erstwhile Cassava Biotechnology Network for Latin America and the Caribbean. He holds a PhD (1992) in Plant Breeding and Genetics from the University of Nigeria."
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building
- U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization
- FAO Plant Production and Protection Division
- Team and Contributors, Accessed October 28, 2011.