Chirimiri coal mines
The Chirimiri coal mines are a 2 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) network of mines on the Chirimiri coalfield in Chhattisgarh state, India.
The map below shows the location of the Chirimiri mines, in Koriya district, Chhattisgarh state.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Koriya district, Chhattisgarh state, India
- Coordinates: 23.187, 82.354 (approximate) (23.1-23.3 N, 82.2-82.4 E)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 2 MTPA
- Reserves: 362 MT (320 MT proven, 11 MT indicated, 31 MT inferred)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Surface and underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- SECL - Coal Resources/Reserves as per UNFC as on 01.04.2011, CMPDI website, accessed May 2015.
- Key Performance Highlights of SECL in 2012-13, SECL/Ministry of Coal website, accessed May 2015.
- Coal Directory of India 2012-13, Ministry of Coal, 2014, p. 2.9.