Chuck Collins "is a senior scholar at the Institute for Policy (IPS) and directs IPS’s Program on Inequality and the Common Good. He is an expert on U.S. inequality and author of several books, including Economic Apartheid in America: A Primer on Economic Inequality and Insecurity (New Press, 2005). He coordinates a national effort to preserve the federal estate tax, our nation’s only tax on inherited wealth. He co-authored with Bill Gates, Sr., Wealth and Our Commonwealth, a case for taxing inherited fortunes.
"In 1995, he co-founded United for a Fair Economy (UFE) to raise the profile of the inequality issue and support popular education and organizing efforts to address inequality. In 1997, he co-founded Responsible Wealth, a project of UFE to bring together business leaders and investors to publicly speak out against economic policies and corporate practices that worsen economic inequality. He was Executive Director of UFE from 1995-2001 and Program Director until 2005." 
- Staff, Institute for Policy Studies 
- Member, The Dollars & Sense Collective
- Director, Sojourners 
- Founding Advisory Group member, Bolder Giving 
- Senior Scholar, Institute for the Common Good
- Advisory Board, SumOfUs 
- Board of partners, American Sustainable Business Council 
- Wealth for the Common Good
Resources and articles
- Chuck Collins, Institute for Policy Studies, accessed August 19, 2007.
- Staff Directory, Institute for Policy Studies, accessed August 19, 2007.
- Directors, Sojourners, accessed December 16, 2008.
- Advisors and Volunteers, Bolder Giving, accessed October 19, 2011.
- SumOfUs Who we are, organizational web page, accessed August 27, 2012.
- American Sustainable Business Council Boards, organizational web page, accessed December 27, 2013.