Citigate Public Affairs
Citigate Public Affairs is a lobbying firm based in London. The title bar of its website invites potential clients to "be politically intelligent" . The company (under a different name) was previously owned by the Labour peer Lord Faulkner. He sold it to the public relations and marketing company the Incepta Group in 1997. .
Citigate, Lord Faulkner, and the gambling bill controversy
Citigate's advice to "be politically intelligent" has clearly been followed by the three major U.S. gambling operators Caesars Entertainment, MGM Mirage and Kerzner International, as they are all clients of the firm.  In early 2005, Citigate's work for the U.S. gambling industry provoked controversy when the Sunday Times revealed Lord Faulkner's close connections with the firm:
- "Faulkner was a key member of the joint Lords and Commons committee that last year examined the government’s plans for gambling reform and gave them the go-ahead with only minor changes. Faulkner also has close links to No 10. He is a paid employee of Incepta, a public relations and marketing company, which he declares in the Lords register of interests. What is not declared is that Incepta owns Citigate Public Affairs, the lobbying firm that works for the three US gambling companies... The casino operators — Caesars Entertainment, MGM Mirage and Kerzner International — have all become clients of Citigate since Faulkner’s committee scrutinised the legislation. Last night Faulkner said he was 'a strategy adviser' for Incepta but did not do any lobbying. He was 'vaguely aware' Citigate is now employed by the three big casino operators." 
- Warwick Smith (Managing Director) 
- Simon Nayyar (Managing director)
- Steve Norris - joined July 2000, date left not known  .
Citigate Public Affairs is a sister company of :
- Citigate Broadcast
- Citigate Communications
- Citigate Dewe Rogerson
- Citigate Financial Intelligence
- The RED Consultancy
- Citigate Northern Ireland
- Citigate SMARTS
Citigate Public Affairs
26 Grosvenor Gardens
London SW1W 0GT.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7838 4800
Fax: +44 (0)20 7838 4801
Email: warwick.smith AT citigatepa.co.uk
- Company self-profile at westminster.com. Undated, accessed March 3, 2005.
- Linda Harrison, "Steven Norris joins IT spin doctors", The Register, July 4, 2000.
- Andrew Clark, "Former transport minister with diverse interests was key figure in decision to negotiate u-turn", The Guardian, October 11, 2003.
- "PR predictions", Spin Bunny blog, January 10, 2005.
- Andrew Porter, "Gaming law peer linked to US casinos", The Sunday Times, January 30, 2005.
- Eddie Fremantle, "Bookies to prolong their 'slugging match'", The Observer, February 13, 2005.