Civil war in Iraq: External Links 2007
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are Articles and Commentary for 2007 related to civil war in Iraq.
- Mark Seibel, "Administration leaving out important details on Iraq," McClatchy Newspapers, January 14, 2007.
- Leila Fadel and Yaseen Taha, "Kurdish-Iraqi soldiers deserting. Many troops want to avoid sectarian strife in Baghdad," McClatchy Newspapers (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette), January 20, 2007. Also see McCain doctrine
- Damien Cave, "'Man Down': When One Bullet Alters Everything," New York Times, January 29, 2007.
- AJ in DC, "About those 250 insurgents supposedly killed in Najaf yesterday...," AMERICAblog, January 29, 2007.
- Guy Dinmore, "Iraq sliding into civil war, report warns," Financial Times, January 29, 2007. re
- Daniel L. Byman and Kenneth M. Pollack, "Things Fall Apart: Containing the Spillover from an Iraqi Civil War," Brookings Institution / Saban Center Analysis, Number 11, January 2007.
- Richard Mauer and Hussam Ali, "Questions remain in wake of Iraq battle," McClatchy Newspapers, January 29, 2007.
- Leila Fadel, "Iraqi prime minister said he warned U.S. about Shiite militias," McClatchy Newspapers, January 30, 2007.
- Patrick Cockburn, "The Waco of Iraq? US 'Victory' Against Cult Leader was a Massacre," CounterPunch, January 31, 2007.
- "Media uncritically reported Bush's statement touting Iraqi success in Najaf," Media Matters for America, January 31, 2007.
- "Doubts over battle with messianic cult," UPI, January 31, 2007.
- Dahr Jamail and Ali Al-Fadhily, "Government Lies Over Najaf 'Cult' Battle Exposed," Inter Press Service (AlterNet), February 2, 2007.
- "The Analysis: On the 'Polarization' of Iraqis and Their 'Ready Recourse to Violence'," New York Times, February 3, 2007. re National Intelligence Estimate
- Mark Mazzetti, "Analysis Is Bleak on Iraq’s Future," New York Times, February 3, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung, "Doubts Run Deep on Reforms Crucial to Bush's Iraq Strategy. Even Plan's Authors Say Political, Economic Changes May Fail," Washington Post, February 4, 2007.
- Sudarsan Raghavan, "War in Iraq Propelling A Massive Migration. Wave Creates Tension Across the Middle East," Washington Post, February 4, 2007.
- Ernesto Londoño, "At Least 125 Killed in Blast at Baghdad Market. Toll in Deadliest Single Bombing in Capital Is Expected to Rise After Victims Are Pulled From Rubble," Washington Post, February 4, 2007.
- Oliver Willis, "Bush's Friends, The Saudis," Like Kryptonite to Stupid, February 13, 2007.
- Lolita C. Baldor, "Pentagon: Iraq in Some Ways in Civil War," Associated Press (ABC News), March 14, 2007.
- "War-torn Iraq 'facing collapse'. Iraq faces the distinct possibility of collapse and fragmentation, UK foreign policy think tank Chatham House says," BBC News, May 17, 2007. See May 2007 Chatham House paper: "Accepting Realities in Iraq."
- Lisa Myers and Robert Windrem, "NBC: CIA warned of risks of war in the Mideast. Pre-war reports say agency predicted dangers of toppling Saddam's regime," MSNBC, May 25, 2007.
- "Frank Rich Examines the Most Overlooked War Disaster: The Fleeing Iraqis," Editor & Publisher, May 26, 2007.