Coalition to Block the North American Union
The Coalition to Block the North American Union, headed by Howard Phillips, Chairman of The Conservative Caucus (TCC), Dr. Jerome R. Corsi, and Phyllis Schlafly , was created in an attempt "to bring attention to what it calls a 'stealth plan' to merge the U.S. with Mexico and Canada to create a 'North American Union." 
The Coalition claims that the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) adopted by President George W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin, and former Mexican President Vicente Fox "would erase U.S. borders, replace the dollar with the 'amero', and lead to unlimited immigration." 
The Coalition announced on October 25, 2006 , that it is supporting H.CON.RES. 487 "opposing a NAFTA super-highway system from the west coast of Mexico through the U.S. and into Canada" which is sponsored by Representatives Virgil Goode (R-Virginia), Ron Paul (R-Texas), Walter Jones (R-North Carolina), and Tom Tancredo (R-Colorado) in the U.S. House of Representatives. 
- Bill Status: On September 28, 2006, H.Con.Res. 487 was referred to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, "and in addition to the Committee on International Relations, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned." 
Corsi says that "the SPP working groups are a shadow government working daily to rewrite American laws and regulations with counterpart bureaucrats in Canada and Mexico. All of this, he states, is being done without the knowledge of the American people and most members of Congress." 
- "Documents reveal 'shadow government'. Freedom of Information request puts 1,000 new pages online," WorldNetDaily, October 24, 2006. View documents.
- Howard Phillips, "Bye bye to U.S. Constitution? Stop the North American Union," Unreconstructed Blogspot, October 25, 2006.
- "Resolution seeks to head off union with Mexico, Canada. Howard Phillips building coalition behind congressional measure," WorldNetDaily, October 25, 2006.
- Jim Brown, "Borderless Continent Objective of Alleged 'Union,' Says Coalition Spokesman," AgapePress, October 26, 2006.
- "Borderless Continent Objective of Alleged Union Says Coalition Spokesman," AgapePress (WDC Media), October 26, 2006.