|Campaign to |
|CEO Name||Wendell Weeks|
|CEO Retirement Assets||$21,229,195|
|Underfunded Company Pension||-$454,000,000|
|Annual Company Revenue||$7,890,000,000|
|Tax Dodger ('08-'10)||-0.2%|
|Territorial Tax Break||$3,780,000,000|
|Federal Lobbying/Political Donations ('09-'12*)||$3,800,000|
|Click here for sources.|
2011 data unless otherwise noted.
©2013 Center for Media and Democracy
Corning Incorporated describes itself as "the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, Corning creates and makes keystone components that enable high-technology systems for consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences." Corning was founded in 1851 by Amory Houghton Sr. (1812-1882). Corning is incorporated in New York.
In 2011, Corning recorded revenues of $7,890,000,000.
Ties to Pete Peterson's "Fix the Debt"
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem."
This article is part of the Center for Media and Democracy's investigation of Pete Peterson's Campaign to "Fix the Debt." Please visit our main SourceWatch page on Fix the Debt.
|About Fix the Debt|
The Campaign to Fix the Debt is the latest incarnation of a decades-long effort by former Nixon man turned Wall Street billionaire Pete Peterson to slash earned benefit programs such as Social Security and Medicare under the guise of fixing the nation's "debt problem." Through a special report and new interactive wiki resource, the Center for Media and Democracy -- in partnership with the Nation magazine -- exposes the funding, the leaders, the partner groups, and the phony state "chapters" of this astroturf supergroup. Learn more at PetersonPyramid.org and in the Nation magazine.
As of January 2013:
- Wendell P. Weeks -- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- James B. Flaws -- Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer
- Kirk P. Gregg -- Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer
- Lawrence D. McRae -- Executive Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development
- Dr. David L. Morse -- Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
- Dr. Jeffrey Evenson -- Senior Vice President and Operations Chief of Staff
Board of Directors
As of January 2013:
- John Seely Brown-- Retired Chief Scientist, Xerox Corporation
- Stephanie A. Burns -- Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Dow Corning Corporation
- John A. Canning, Jr. --Co-founder and Chairman, Madison Dearborn Partners, LLC
- Richard T. Clark -- Retired Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Robert F. Cummings, Jr. -- Vice Chairman of Investment Banking, JPMorgan Chase
- James B. Flaws -- Vice Chairman and Chief Financial Officer, Corning Incorporated
- Gordon Gund -- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Gund Investment Corporation
- Kurt M. Landgraf -- President and Chief Executive Officer, Educational Testing Service
- Deborah D. Rieman -- Managing Director, Equus Management Company
- H. Onno Ruding -- Retired Vice Chairman, Citicorp and Citibank, N.A.
- Hansel E. Tookes II -- Retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Raytheon Aircraft Company
- Wendell P. Weeks -- Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President, Corning Incorporated
- Mark S. Wrighton -- Chancellor and Professor of Chemistry, Washington University in St. Louis
One Riverfront Plaza
Corning, NY 14831
Email: Inquiries AT corning.com
Contact M - F
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Eastern
Telephone: +1 607-974-9000
Articles and resources
Featured SourceWatch Articles on Fix the Debt
- Fix the Debt Portal Page
- Fix the Debt's Leadership
- Fix the Debt's Partner Groups
- Fix the Debt's State Chapters
- Fix the Debt's Lobbyists
- Fix the Debt's Parent Group
- Fix the Debt's Corporations
- Pete Peterson
- Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- America Speaks
- Simpson-Bowles Commission
- Erskine Bowles
- Alan Simpson
- Social Security
- Corning, "Home", organization website, accessed January 21, 2013
- Corning, "Our Heritage", organization website, accessed January 21, 2013
- Corning, "2011 Annual Report", organizational report, page 63.
- Corning, "Our Leadership", organization website, accessed January 21, 2013
- Corning, "Board of Directors", organization website, accessed January 21, 2013
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|