Council of the Americas
The Council of the Americas (formerly the Business Group for Latin America) "exists to help our member companies achieve their business goals throughout the Americas." Their website adds that "We are strong advocates of free trade, democracy and the rule of law, and work with our members to promote policies that are consistent with that agenda—in Washington as well as in capitals throughout the region. We are particularly focused on helping to nurture the Free Trade Area of the Americas process, which we believe has the potential to increase regional trade—and, hence, economic growth—dramatically." 
Board of Directors 
- Honorary Chairman - David Rockefeller
- William R. Rhodes - Chairman
- Susan L. Segal - President and CEO
- Richard de J. Osborne - Treasurer
- Sergio J. Galvis - Secretary
- Martha T. Muse - Vice Chairman
- Alan J. Stoga - Vice Chairman
- Jose Tadeu Alves - President, Latin America Human Health, Merck & Co., Inc.
- Jose Armario - President, Latin America Group, McDonald's Corporation
- Jorge A. Bermudez - President & Chief Executive Officer, Commercial Business Group, Chief Executive Officer, Citibank Texas, N.A.
- Stephen E. Biegun - Corporate Officer and Vice President of International Government Affairs, Ford Motor Company
- Wilfried von Bülow - Vice Chairman, MAN Ferrostaal Incorporated
- Nestor T. Carbonell - Vice President, International Public Affairs, PepsiCo
- Terrence J. Checki - Executive Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Edward T. Cloonan - Vice President, International and Corporate Affairs, American International Group, Inc.
- Juan Fernandez-Oliva - General Manager, Latin America, IBM Corporation
- Andreas Fibig - Regional President-Latin America, PGP, Pfizer, Inc
- Rita Foley - President, Consumer Packaging Group, Senior Vice President (Former), MeadWestvaco Corporation
- Sergio J. Galvis - Partner, Sullivan & Cromwell
- Craig Herkert - Executive Vice President, President & Chief Executive Officer, The Americas Wal-Mart International
- Maureen Kempston Darkes - Group Vice President and President, Latin America, Africa and Middle East, General Motors Corporation
- David R. Malpass - Senior Managing Director and Chief Economist, Bear, Stearns & Company, Inc.
- Stuart R. McGill - Senior Vice President, Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Thomas F. McLarty III - President, Kissinger McLarty Associates
- Patricia Menendez-Cambo - Chair, International Practice Group, Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Ali Moshiri - President, Chevron Latin America Upstream, Division of Chevron Global Technology Services Company
- Martha T. Muse - Chairman, The Tinker Foundation Inc.
- Youssef A. Nasr - President, HSBC Strategic Investments, Inc.
- Marvin Odum - Executive Vice President, EP Americas, Shell International EP
- Brian D. O'Neill - Vice Chairman, Investment Banking - Latin America, JP Morgan
- Richard de J. Osborne - Chairman (Retired), ASARCO Incorporated
- Brian Peterson - Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Archer Daniels Midland Company
- William R. Rhodes - Chairman, President & CEO, Citibank, N.A.; Senior Vice Chairman, Citigroup, Inc.
- Alixandre Schijman - Executive Director, Global Policy, Time Warner Inc.
- Susan L. Segal - President and CEO, Council of the Americas / Americas Society
- Alexandre G. Silva - President and CEO, Brazil, GE Company
- Alan J. Stoga - President, Zemi Communications LLC
- Antonia E. Stolper - Partner, Shearman & Sterling LLP
- G. Richard Thoman - Managing Partner, Corporate Perspectives LLC
- William J. Toppeta - President, International, MetLife, Inc.
- Pierre Verstraete - Group Vice President, President, Latin America Region, Schering-Plough Corporation
- George B. Weiksner - Vice Chairman, Credit Suisse
Honorary Board Members
- Americas Society
- Susan Kaufman Purcell
- Muni Figueres
- Thomas E. McNamara "most recently served as the president and CEO of the Americas Society and president of the Council of the Americas"
- Jose W. Fernandez
Resources and articles
- Board of Directors, Council of the Americas, accessed July 30, 2007.