Jump to navigation Jump to search
Culex quinquefasciatus is a species of mosquito commonly called the Southern House mosquito.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Mosquito Repellent
- Aedes aegypti (Yellow Fever mosquito)
- Aedes albopictus (Asian tiger mosquito)
- Anopheles quadrimaculatus (a malarial mosquito found in North America)
- Culex pipiens (Northern House mosquito)
- Azadirachta indica (Neem)
- Liu F, Chen L, Appel AG, Liu N."Olfactory responses of the antennal trichoid sensilla to chemical repellents in the mosquito, Culex quinquefasciatus," J Insect Physiol, 59(11):1169-77. doi: 10.1016/j.jinsphys.2013.08.016, November 2013.
- Leal WS, Choo YM, Xu P, da Silva CS, Ueira-Vieira C, "Differential expression of olfactory genes in the southern house mosquito and insights into unique odorant receptor gene isoforms," Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Nov 12;110(46):18704-9. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1316059110, November 12, 2013.