Dan Emmett "is the Chairman of Douglas Emmett, Inc. a real estate investment trust based in Santa Monica, CA. He co-founded DEI's predecessor companies, Douglas, Emmett and Company, a fully integrated real estate management and leasing company, and Douglas Emmett Realty Advisors, which grew during the 1990's into a large manager of institutional real estate funds.
"Mr. Emmett was previously President of Santa Monica Baykeeper, Director, Patagonia, Inc., Chairman of the Advisory Board of the UCLA School of Law Center on Climate Change and the Environment, Chair of Governor Schwarzenegger's Green Building Initiative, and Chair of the Governor's Real Estate Industry Leadership Council.
"Mr.Emmett holds a B.A. from Stanford University and a J.D. from Harvard University." 
- Director, Environment Now
- Advisory Board (cochair), Center for Business and the Environment at Yale 
- Advisory Board, Sustainable Conservation 
- Advisory Council, Woods Institute for the Environment 
Resources and articles
- ↑ Dan Emmett, Center for Business and the Environment at Yale, accessed June 16, 2010.
- ↑ Advisory Board, Center for Business and the Environment at Yale, accessed June 16, 2010.
- ↑ Advisory Board, Sustainable Conservation, accessed January 28, 2011.
- ↑ Advisors, Woods Institute for the Environment, accessed November 15, 2011.