|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of South Korea and coal|
Dangjin Mill is a steel mill owned by Hyundai in Dangjin, South Korea.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is located in Dangjin, Chungchongnam, about 90 km south of Seoul, in South Korea.
Background on Plant
Hyundai Steel put two blast furnaces with a combined capacity of 8 million tons into operation in 2010.
Description of Expansion
A third blast furnace was installed in 2013, increasing the steel mill's capacity to 12-million tons a year.
- 2010 - Units 1 and 2 go online
- 2013 - Unit 3 completed
- Sponsor: Hyundai
- Location: Dangjin, South Korea
- Coordinates: 36.9860615, 126.6935688 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity:
- In service: Unit 1: 2010; Unit 2: 2010; Unit 3: 2013
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Hyundai fires up 3rd blast furnace," The Korea Times, Sep. 13, 2013.