Datang Chuzhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Chuzhou power station (大唐滁州发电厂) was a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
The map below shows the location where the plant would be built near Baimi Village, Shahe Town, Nanqiao District, Chuzhou Prefecture, Anhui Province.
Background on Project
The project's Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) was published in January 2014.
In 2015 the plant's EIA was rejected, due to insufficient plans to reduce regional pollution; being in an environmentally-sensitive location; and having insufficient public participation. The planned capacity was listed as 2 x 660 MW.
However, in Anhui Province Power Development 13th 5-Year Plan published in May 2017, Datang Chuzhou power station is listed as a start-construction project.
As of July 2018 the power station is moving forward in a new location, to avoid the problems with the original EIA.
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: Shahe Town (Shahezhen), Nanqiao District, Chuzhou Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.399344, 118.270472 (exact)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "大唐滁州发电厂2×1000兆瓦机组初可研报告通过审查,", 中国能源信息网, 2007-03-13.
- Datang Chuzhou Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed 2014-11.
- Datang Chuzhou Power Plant's Feasibility Study Report for Two 1,000 MW Units Passes Preliminary Examination, Industrial Info Resources, 2007-05-29.
- 大唐滁州发电厂2×1000MW 新建工程环境影响评价公示, CPECC East China Electric Power Design Institute, 2014-01-24.
- "大唐安徽火电项目环评被退," 北极星电力网新闻中心来源, Dec 14, 2015
- "大唐电厂项目为什么会在滁州建设、它会给滁州带来哪些利弊?现在滁州网记者就项目背景," 滁州网, 2015-05-11
- "安徽省电力发展“十三五”规划"安徽省能源局, 2017-5
- "大唐滁州发电项目用地预审顺利通过省级踏勘论证," 2018-07-30