Datang Yungang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Yungang power station (大唐国际云冈热电公司) is a 1,040-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Kuang District (Kuangqu), Datong Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Plant
Datang Yungang power station is a four-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 1,040 MW in Shanxi Province. The first two units, totaling 440 MW, were completed in 2003. Units 3 & 4, totaling 600 MW, were completed in 2009. The plant is owned by China Datang.
Project Details for Units 3 & 4 Expansion
- Sponsor: Shanxi Datang Intl Power Gen
- Parent company: China Datang
- Location: Kuang District (Kuangqu), Datong Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 40.06134, 113.21922 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 3 & 4: 300 MW)
- In service: 2009
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: