David Bartlett's 2009/2010 State Budget
The budget and climate change
In the budget the government revealed that the funding for the Tasmanian Climate Change Office had been cut ffrom $2.43 million in 2008/2009 to $2.37 million in 2009/10 decreasing to $1.189 in 2011/12. In the budget papers, the government stated that "the decrease in Climate Change in 2010-11 reflects the reduction of funding following the establishment of the Tasmanian Climate Change Office and completion of the Tasmanian Government Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory Project." The Tasmanian Climate Change Office has the role of coordinating "the development and implementation of Government policy and initiatives relating to the reduction of Tasmania's greenhouse gas emissions and adaptation to climate change. This Output includes the provision of support for the Tasmanian Climate Action Council."
In the 2009/2010 budget, in which the Bartlett government stated that 800 public service jobs would be axed to meet financial targets, also committed the government to funding of the road. The budget papers stated that "funding of $23.0 million was allocated in 2008-09 over four years for the establishment of the Tarkine Drive ... It is anticipated that the development will deliver significant economic and community benefits to the region. It is estimated that $8.8 million of the $23.0 million allocation will be spent during 2009-10, with the project to be completed by 2012."
The budget also indicated that a further $12.2 million had been earmarked for the project in 2010/11 and another $1.175 million in 2011/2012.
Tasmanian Government budget website
- Budget papers website: http://www.budget.tas.gov.au/
- Treasury website on the budget: http://www.treasury.tas.gov.au
- Government media office website for budget media releases:L http://www.media.tas.gov.au
Articles and Resources
- Budget Paper No 2 Government Services Volume 2, Tasmanian Government, June 2009, page 10.8.
- Budget Paper No 2 Government Services Volume 2, Tasmanian Government, June 2009, page 10.4.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Tasmanian Government, Budget Paper No 2: Government Services, Volume 1, Tasmanian Parliament, June 2009, page 6.2.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- David Bartlett's 'Strengthening trust in democracy' plan
- David Bartlett on the 2010 Tasmanian state election
- Demographic Change Advisory Council
- Tasmanian Government Business Enterprises
- Tasmanian politics 2008
- Tasmanian politics 2009
- Michael Aird, "2009-10 Budget Speech: 'Building Tasmania. Supporting jobs.'", House of Assembly, June 11, 2009.(Pdf)
- Tasmanian Government, "Guide to the Budget: A guide to the Budget Papers and the Budget process, Tasmanian Government, June 2009. (Pdf)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|