David A. Keene
David A. Keene is Chairman of the American Conservative Union and a managing associate at the Carmen Group, a Washington, DC-based lobbying firm. Keene is also chair of the Conservative Political Action Conference.
A biographical note states that "Keene is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin Law School and has been a John F. Kennedy Fellow at Harvard University. He is a former member of the Board of Visitors of the School of Public Policy at Duke University and was a visiting professional scholar at the Freedom Forum First Amendment Center at Vanderbilt University."
Keene's "political experience is extensive. He has been involved in presidential politics since 1968. He worked in the White House during the Nixon administration as political assistant to Vice President Spiro T. Agnew and on Capitol Hill as Executive Assistant to Senator James L. Buckley. As Southern Regional Coordinator for Ronald Reagan in 1976 and National Political Director for George Herbert Walker Bush in 1980, Mr. Keene won recognition for his skill as a political organizer and strategist. Additionally, Mr. Keene was a senior political consultant to Republican presidential candidate Robert Dole in 1988 and was an informal advisor during the 1996 campaign."
(according to Lobbyists.info)
- On behalf of American Conservative Union:
- American Conservative Union
- On behalf of Carmen Group, Inc.
- ADVO, Inc.
- Citizens for State Power
- Computer Sciences Corporation
- CorpAlert, Inc.
- Dillard University
- Fort Collins, Colorado, City of
- Loras College
- Montefiore Medical Center
- National Trade Productions, Inc.
- Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation (METRA)
- Survival Inc.
- United Seniors Association
- Washington Hospital Center
- Wisconsin Public Service Corporation
- On behalf of Conservative Political Action Conference
- Conservative Political Action Conference
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Mike Allen, "Exclusive: Conservative group offers support for $2M", Politico, July 17, 2009.
- Dennis Whitfield, ACU Executive Vice President, "Statement from ACU regarding false headline by Washington publication POLITICO ", Media Release, July 17, 2009.