David Michie is an author and a corporate communications consultant.
Michie started out his career in public relations in South Africa and then in 1988 moved to London. He is the author of one non-fiction book about the PR industry - The Invisible Persuaders published in 1998 - and three fictional PR thrillers Conflict of Interest, Pure Deception and Expiry Date.
- The Invisible Persuaders:How Britains Spin Doctors Manipulate the Media, Bantam Books, January, 1998. ISBN: 0593042387
- Buddhism for Busy People, Allen & Unwin, November 2004. ISBN 1741142601
- Conflict of Interest, Magna, December, 2000. ISBN: 0750516151
- Pure Deception, Time Warner Books UK, 2001. ISBN 0751530921
- Expiry Date, Time Warner Books UK, 2002. ISBN 0751532657
On Michie’s own website the first chapter of each book is available for [download http://www.davidmichie.com/the_books.php]
- "Meet David", Accessed December 2004.
- David King, "'Media virus' turns to infect state Libs", The Weekend Australian, November 27, 2004.