"Dean Radin, PhD, is Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) and Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Psychology at Sonoma State University. His original career track as a concert violinist shifted into science after earning a BSEE degree in electrical engineering, magna cum laude and with honors in physics, from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and then an MS in electrical engineering and a PhD in psychology from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. For a decade he worked on advanced telecommunications R&D at AT&T Bell Laboratories and GTE Laboratories. For over two decades he has been engaged in consciousness research. Before joining the research staff at IONS in 2001, he held appointments at Princeton University, University of Edinburgh, University of Nevada, and several Silicon Valley think-tanks, including Interval Research Corporation and SRI International, where he worked on a classified program investigating psychic phenomena for the US government.
"He is author or coauthor of over 200 technical and popular articles, a dozen book chapters, and several books including the bestselling The Conscious Universe (HarperOne, 1997) and Entangled Minds (Simon & Schuster, 2006). He is presently working on a new book that will be published in 2013. His technical articles have appeared in journals ranging from Foundations of Physics to Psychological Bulletin, he was featured in a New York Times Magazine article, and he has appeared on dozens of television shows ranging from the BBC’s Horizon and PBS's Closer to Truth to Oprah and Larry King Live. He has given over 200 interviews and talks, including invited presentations at Harvard (medical), Stanford (medical and statistics), Cambridge (physics), and Princeton (psychology), for industries including Google and Johnson & Johnson, and for government organizations including the US Navy and DARPA. In 2010, he spent a month lecturing in India as the National Visiting Professor of the Indian Council of Philosophical Research, a program in the Indian government's Ministry of Human Resource Development. "
He is a theosophist. 
- Coeditor-in-chief, Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing 
- Editorial Board, Journal of Scientific Exploration 
- Scientific Advisory Board, Global Coherence Initiative 
- Cofounder, Boundary Institute
- Past Speaker, Chopra Foundation
- Former President (first time in 1988), Parapsychological Association 
- Scientific Advisor, Consciousness and Healing Initiative 
- Scientific advisor, BIAL Foundation 
Resources and articles
- Dean Radin Bio, organizational web page, accessed May 16, 2012.
- Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed July 19, 2013.
- Journal of Scientific Exploration People, organizational web page, accessed May 16, 2012.
- Global Coherence Initiative Boards, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2013.
- Parapsychological Association History of the PA Presidency, organizational web page, accessed July 22, 2013.
- Consciousness and Healing Initiative About, organizational web page, accessed October 19, 2017.