Dingzhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Dingzhou power station (神华国华定州发电厂) is a 2,520-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hebei Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Dingzhou City, Baoding Prefecture, Hebei Province.
Background on Plant
Dingzhou power station is a four-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 2,520 MW. The first two units were completed in 2004 and the second two units in 2009. The original three shareholders of the power plant were: Shenhua Guohua Power Co (40.5%); Hebei Construction & Investment Group (40.5%); Datang Hebei Power Co, (19%).
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guohua Electric Power Corp
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Dingzhou City, Baoding Prefecture, Hebei Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.5122064, 114.8433969 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,520 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW; Units 3 & 4: 660 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2004 (Units 1 & 2); 2009 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Dingzhou Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Sept. 2015.
- "河北国华定州电厂"BJX Job
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017