Edgar D. Mitchell
"Traveling back to Earth, having just walked on the moon, Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell had an experience for which nothing in his life had prepared him. As he approached the planet we know as home, he was filled with an inner conviction as certain as any mathematical equation he'd ever solved. He knew that the beautiful blue world to which he was returning is part of a living system, harmonious and whole—and that we all participate, as he expressed it later, "in a universe of consciousness."
"Trained as an engineer and scientist, Captain Mitchell was most comfortable in the world of rationality and physical precision. Yet the understanding that came to him as he journeyed back from space felt just as trustworthy—it represented another way of knowing.
"This experience radically altered his worldview: Despite science's superb technological achievements, he realized that we had barely begun to probe the deepest mystery of the universe—the fact of consciousness itself. He became convinced that the uncharted territory of the human mind was the next frontier to explore, and that it contained possibilities we had hardly begun to imagine. Within two years of his expedition, Edgar Mitchell founded the Institute of Noetic Sciences in 1973.
"Today, Dr. Mitchell serves on the board of directors of the institute. He continues to be active at institute events, including lectures and conferences. He is the author of The Way of the Explorer."  wiki
His latest book is A New Paradigm for a New World: Ervin Laszlo and Edgar Mitchell in Dialogue (2013).
- Cofounder, Foundation for Research into Extraterrestrial Encounters
- Emeriti Director, Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation
- Club of Budapest: Members
- Member, Scientific and Medical Network 
- Advisory Council (1975), Planetary Citizens 
- Advisory Board, Friends of the Institute of Noetic Sciences 
- Supporter, Centre for Change 
Resources and articles
- Edgar D. Mitchell, Institute of Noetic Sciences, accessed November 3, 2011.
- Scientific and Medical Network Member, organizational web page, accessed February 3, 2012.
- United Nations Items-in-Secretary-General's Statements, organizational web page, accessed May 4, 2012.
- Friends of the Institute of Noetic Sciences People, organizational web page, accessed May 6, 2012.
- Centre for Change Supporters, organizational web page, accessed February 6, 2012.