Elevation Partners is a private equity partnership which, a Forbes magazine article stated "makes substantial investments in market-leading media, entertainment and consumer-related businesses."
After selling a major stake in his company to Elevation, Steve Forbes said that "Elevation understands technology, media and print. They are not just a source of capital; they are a source of insight."
Elevation's six partners are:
- Fred Anderson, former chief financial officer of Apple Computer
- John Riccitiello, former president and chief operating officer of videogames maker Electronic Arts
- Roger McNamee, co-founder of the technology-focused private equity firm Silver Lake Partners and Integral Capital Partners, which invests in technology and health companies.
- Marc Bodnick, a founding principal of Silver Lake.
- Bret Pearlman, former managing director of Blackstone Group, the global investment and advisory firm.
- Paul Hewson, better known as Bono, lead singer and co-founder of the rock group U2.
Articles and Resources
- Scott Reeves, "Private Equity Group Buys Into Forbes", Forbes, August 7, 2006.
- David Carr, "Investors, including Bono, buy a piece of Forbes", International Herald Tribune, August 7, 2006.
Related SourceWatch Articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|