Environment 2004 (E04) is "dedicated to electing leaders who understand the importance of environmental protection. In this critical election year, we are working in key battleground states to inform voters about the impact of President George W. Bush's destructive environmental agenda, and highlighting the benefits of strong and visionary environment and energy policy." 
Environment2004 is "dedicated to highlighting the environmental stakes in the next election ... by shining a spotlight on the anti-environmental record of President George W. Bush and his allies, to assuring their defeat in 2004."
The organization plans to do this by promoting "the benefits of pro-environment Democratic candidates" and countering "attempts by the Bush administration and its congressional allies to cover up their anti-environmental polices."
- Frank E. Loy, Chairman
- Peter Fox-Penner, Vice Chair
- Mary D. Nichols, Vice Chair
- Bruce Babbitt
- Roger Ballentine
- Carol Browner
- Nicholas Butterworth
- Dianne Dillon-Ridgley
- George T. Frampton
- David Gardiner
- Donna Gerstenfeld
- Nancy Gibson
- David Foster Hales
- Howard A. Learner
- Nigel Purvis
- Simon Rich
- Bud Ris
- David Sandalow
- Roger W. Sant
- Karen E. Skelton
- Beth A. Viola
- Aimée Christensen, Executive Director
- Karen Hopfl-Harris, Chief Operating Officer
- Christine M. Stackpole, Development Director
- Lyle Morton, Program Assistant
- 527 committee
- internet activism
- Media Fund
- soft money
- U.S. presidential election, 2004
- U.S. presidential election, 2004: Campaign Ads
- www.BushGreenwatch.org - Tracking the Bush administration's environmental misdeeds.
- The Bush Environmental Record and The Bush Environmental Record Florida at Environment 2004 and The Bush Record on the Environment at Natural Resources Defense Council.
- Current Environmental News Headlines and E04 News at Environment 2004.
- National Environmental Scorecard at League of Conservation Voters.
- BushWatch Headlines at Environment 2004.