Ernest L. Abel
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Ernest L. Abel, Ph.D. is a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Psychology at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. He was Deputy Director of the Research Institute on Alcoholism in Buffalo, and Director of the C.S. Mott Center for Human Growth/Development in Detroit. He is past president of the Behavioral Teratology Society and past president of the Fetal Alcohol Study Group. He served as an expert in Mississippi's case.
Dr. Abel has a Ph.D. and was the Director of the C.S. Mott Center for Human Growth and Development and a Professor of Obstetrics/Gynecology and Psychology at Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. His office is located at C.S. Mott Center, 275 E. Hancock, Detroit, Michigan 48201, Telephone Number: (313) 577-1068. He was used as an expert in the Mississippi case. . He has also been used as an expert in cases involving Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. He is the author of 200 publications and 40 books, including Marihuana, The First Twelve Thousand Years, and Fetal Alcohol Abuse Syndrome, and several hundred articles in scientific and popular magazines.
- University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada B.A . 1965 Psychology
- University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada M.A. 1967 Psychology
- University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada Ph.D. 1971 Psychology
- University North Carolina, Chapel Hill Postdoc 1973 Pharmacology
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Source: Mississippi Expert Disclosure
- Greenwood Publishers http://www.greenwood.com/catalog/author/A/Ernest_L._Abel.aspx Ernest L. Abel] Biosketch of author. Accessed July 20, 2009
- Ernest L. Abel Biographical Sketch of Ernest L. Abel Resume. 1991. 2 pages. Bates No. 50608622/8623
<tdo>resource_id=5856 resource_code=abel_ernest search_term=Ernest L. Abel</tdo>