Esther Rantzen CBE
"A graduate from Oxford, Esther’s career in broadcasting began with BBC Radio as a sound effects assistant. From there she moved into television as a researcher/reporter for Braden’s Week and then in 1973 as producer/presenter of That’s Life which was on air for 21 years. Esther has made a number of pioneering programmes on subjects such as British women’s experience of childbirth, stillbirth, mental health, child abuse and palliative care. She has also taken part in "reality shows" such as Strictly Come Dancing and the dating programme Would Like to Meet.
"In 1986 she invented the concept of ChildLine, and chaired its Board of trustees for 20 years. After the merger of ChildLine with NSPCC in February 2006 Esther became President of ChildLine and a trustee of the NSPCC. She is a Patron of a number of other charities working with children and disabled people.
- Patron, Red Balloon Learner Centre
- Patron, Sick Children's Trust 
- Patron, Silver Star 
- Vice president, Patients Association 
Resources and articles
- Patrons, Red Balloon Learner Centre, accessed July 17, 2010.
- Sick Children's Trust Celebrities & Patrons, organizational web page, accessed July , 2012.
- Silver Star About, organizational web page, accessed March 20, 2013.
- Patients Association Vice presidents, organizational web page, accessed February 18, 2016.