Exit Strategy from Iraq: External Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Due to the length of this article, it has been subdivided.
See External Links related to Exit Strategy from Iraq for:
- Iraq Exit Strategy Watch on DonHodges.com website. Continuously updated.
- Out of Iraq News, Velvet Revolution website.
- Edward Epstein, "In Baghdad, House members push for pullout," San Francisco Chronicle, January 27, 2007.
- Steven Simon, "Report Calls for Military Disengagement From Iraq," Council on Foreign Relations, February 7, 2007.
- Ibon Villelabeitia, "U.S. commander urges talks, sees Baghdad backlash," Reuters, March 8, 2007.
- "Senate Democrats Announce Joint Resolution to Transition the Mission in Iraq," PRNewswire, March 8, 2007.
- Nicholas Johnston, "Democrats Seek Withdrawal of Troops From Iraq in 2008 (Update5)," Bloomberg News, March 8, 2007.
- Aamer Madhani and Liz Sly, "Congress plans Iraq pullout deadlines," Chicago Tribune, March 8, 2007.
- Wes Allison, "Democrats push own plan to withdraw troops from Iraq. They want a deadline. The president promises a veto," St. Petersburg Times, March 8, 2007.
- Noam N. Levey and Richard Simon, "Democrats shift iraq war debate to exit strategy. House and Senate leaders craft timetables to withdraw U.S. forces," Los Angeles Times, March 9, 2007.
- Jeff Zeleny and Robin Toner, "U.S. Democrats rally behind pullout from Iraq in '08," International Herald Tribune, March 9, 2007.
- Anne Flaherty, "House Dems Face Uphill Battle Over Iraq," Associated Press (ABC News), March 9, 2007.
- Paul Richter, "Democrats shift debate to Iraq endgame. Their argument offers the public a choice: Stay indefinitely as Bush urges or shift U.S. soldiers into a secondary role," Los Angeles Times, March 9, 2007.
- Sheldon Alberts, "Congress fights Bush on Iraq. Democrats seek full withdrawal by mid-2008," CanWest News Service (National Post (Canada)), March 9, 2007.
- Sarah Wheaton, "War at Home: Withdrawal Plan and Veto Threat," The Caucus Blog/New York Times, March 9, 2007.
- Blake Dvorak, "The Political End Game on Iraq," RealClearPolitics, March 9, 2007.
- Jonathan Weisman, "Securing Iraq Votes, One at a Time. House Democratic Leaders Methodically Build Support for War Plan," Washington Post, March 11, 2007.
- Shailagh Murray, "Senate Democrats forge single voice on conflict in Iraq. War council meetings led to challenges against Bush policy in Iraq," Washington Post (Contra Costa Times), March 11, 2007.
- Bob Geiger, "Senate Votes To Move Forward On Iraq-Withdrawal Bill," BobGeiger Blogspot, March 14, 2007. re S.J. Res. 9: United States Policy in Iraq Resolution of 2007.
- William Branigin, "Senate GOP Turns Back Iraq Pullout Plan," Washington Post, March 15, 2007.
- "Transcript: Massachusetts Senator John Kerry on 'FOX News Sunday'," Fox News, March 18, 2007.
- "Bush Aide: Dems' Iraq Plans Mean Failure. Stephen Hadley, Bush National Security Adviser, Says Democrats' Iraq Plans Will Assure Failure," Associated Press (CBS News), March 18, 2007. re Stephen J. Hadley
- John J. Sheehan, "Why I Declined To Serve," Washington Post, April 16, 2007.
- Nancy A. Youssef, "Training Iraqi troops no longer driving force in U.S. policy," McClatchy Newspapers, April 20, 2007.
- Lolita C. Baldor, "Petraeus Eyes Long Commitment in Iraq," Associated Press (Spokesman Review), April 26, 2007.
- David E. Sanger, "The White House Scales Back Talk of Iraq Progress," New York Times, April 28, 2007.
- Kevin Drum, "NO LIGHT IN THE TUNNEL....Is it a surge or an escalation?" Washington Monthly, April 28, 2007.
- "Bush Nominee Worries Iraq Can't Do More. Bush's War Adviser Nominee Doubts Iraqi Government's Ability To Assume Control Of Country," Associated Press (CBS News), June 7, 2007. re Douglas Lute
- John Holusha, "General Tells Senate U.S. Must Prevail in Iraq," New York Times, June 7, 2007.
- Tony Capaccio and Jeff Bliss, "Bush Pick for War Adviser Says Consider Withdrawal (Update2)," Bloomberg News, June 7, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung and Thomas E. Ricks, "Exit Strategies. Would Iran Take Over Iraq? Would Al-Qaeda? The Debate About How and When to Leave Centers on What Might Happen After the U.S. Goes," Washington Post, July 17, 2007.
- Chris Cillizza, "Parsing the Polls: Who Really Supports Withdrawal?" The Fix Blog/Washington Post, July 25, 2007. See Washington Post/ABC News poll.
- Edward Epstein, "House votes to bar bases in Iraq. Dems use 7th such action to press GOP to end war support," San Francisco Chronicle, July 26, 2007.
- Paul Beddard, "Hints on When Troops Come Home," Washington Whispers/U.S. News & World Report, July 29, 2007.
- "Big U.S. presence in Iraq until mid-2009: commander," Reuters (Common Dreams), July 30, 2007.
- Phoenix Woman, "The Rubber-Stampers’ Latest Contortion," Firedoglake Blog, July 30, 2007.
- Satyam Khanna, "REPORT: 68 Percent Of Foreign Policy Experts Favor Redeployment From Iraq," Think Progress, August 20, 2007.
- "Bush Announces Iraq Exit Strategy," The Onion, March 10, 2005: "Almost a year after the cessation of major combat and a month after the nation's first free democratic elections, President Bush unveiled the coalition forces' strategy for exiting Iraq. 'I'm pleased to announce that the Department of Defense and I have formulated a plan for a speedy withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq,' Bush announced Monday morning. 'We'll just go through Iran.'"