Jump to navigation Jump to search
FIRST "was founded in 1989 to inspire young people's interest and participation in science and technology. Based in Manchester, NH, the 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit public charity designs accessible, innovative programs that motivate young people to pursue education and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math, while building self-confidence, knowledge, and life skills." 
- Dean Kamen, Founder
Accessed October 2008: 
- John E. Abele - FIRST Chairman; Founder Chairman, Retired, Boston Scientific Corporation
- James R. Utaski - FIRST Vice Chairman; Partner, Whitestone Capital, LLC
- Robert M. Tuttle - FIRST Treasurer; General Partner, 1848 Associates
- Paul R. Gudonis - FIRST Secretary; President, FIRST
- Dean L. Kamen - FIRST Founder; President, DEKA Research and Development
- Douglas L. Becker - Chairman & CEO, Laureate Education, Inc.
- Ursula Burns - President, Xerox Corporation
- Francois J. Castaing - President, Castaing & Associates
- Deborah L. Grubbe, P.E. CEng - Vice President - Safety Process, BP
- Walter P. Havenstein - President & CEO, BAE Systems, Inc.
- Gordon J. Homer - President, Gordon J. Homer Advisory Services
- Vernon R. Loucks, Jr. - Chairman, The Aethena Group, LLC
- Susie Mathieu - Partner, Spirit Hockey, LLC
- Sheri S. McCoy - Company Group Chairman, Johnson & Johnson
- Dennis A. Roberson - Vice Provost, New Initiatives, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Steve Sanghi - President, CEO, Chairman of the Board, Microchip Technology, Inc.
- Thomas G. Stephens - Executive Vice President, GM Global Powertrain & Global Quality
- Ronald L. Zarrella - Chairman Emeritus, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- Paul A. Allaire - FIRST Chairman: 1995-2000, Chairman & CEO, Retired, Xerox Corporation
- J.T. Battenberg III - Chariman & CEO, Retired, Delphi Corporation
- L. John Doerr III - Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Gary L. Tooker - Chairman of the Board, Retired, Motorola, Inc.
Executive Advisory Board
Accessed October 2008: 
- Woodie Flowers, FIRST Executive Advisory Board Chairman - Pappalardo Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ray Almgren - Vice President of Product Marketing and Academic Relations, National Instruments
- Carl Bass - CEO, Autodesk, Inc.
- Gwen M. Campbell - Senior Vice President, Private Wealth Management, UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- Nick Caporella - Chairman & CEO, National Beverage Corp.
- Cosema Crawford - Senior Vice President & Chief Engineer, MTA New York City Transit
- Greg Hale - Chief Safety Officer, VP, Safety, Accessibility & Advanced Technology, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Erik Halleus - President & CEO, EuroScandia Enterprises
- James E. Heppelmann - EVP & Chief Product Officer, PTC
- Fred Hubacker - Executive Director, Conway MacKenzie Dunleavy
- Kent H. Hughes - Director of Science, Technology, Woodrow Wilson Center
- Shirley Ann Jackson - President, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen - Owner and Vice Chairman, LEGO Company
- Robert Kruse - Executive Director, ElectricHybrid Vehicle Engineering, GM
- Gordon Lankton - Chairman, Nypro Inc.
- David Lavery - Program Executive for Solar System Exploration, NASA
- Paul Lazarus - President, White Dwarf Productions
- Rey More - Senior Vice President, Chief Quality Officer, Motorola
- William P. Murphy, Jr. - Founder, Cordis Corporation
- Cecilia Neumann - Attorney
- Roland Schmitt - President Emeritus, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Jeanne Shaheen - Former Governor of New Hampshire
- Josh S. Weston - Honorary Chairman, Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
- Vincent Wilczynski, Ph.D. - U.S. Coast Guard Academy