FIRST "was founded in 1989 to inspire young people's interest and participation in science and technology. Based in Manchester, NH, the 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit public charity designs accessible, innovative programs that motivate young people to pursue education and career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, and math, while building self-confidence, knowledge, and life skills." 
- Dean Kamen, Founder
Accessed October 2008: 
- John E. Abele - FIRST Chairman; Founder Chairman, Retired, Boston Scientific Corporation
- James R. Utaski - FIRST Vice Chairman; Partner, Whitestone Capital, LLC
- Robert M. Tuttle - FIRST Treasurer; General Partner, 1848 Associates
- Paul R. Gudonis - FIRST Secretary; President, FIRST
- Dean L. Kamen - FIRST Founder; President, DEKA Research and Development
- Douglas L. Becker - Chairman & CEO, Laureate Education, Inc.
- Ursula Burns - President, Xerox Corporation
- Francois J. Castaing - President, Castaing & Associates
- Deborah L. Grubbe, P.E. CEng - Vice President - Safety Process, BP
- Walter P. Havenstein - President & CEO, BAE Systems, Inc.
- Gordon J. Homer - President, Gordon J. Homer Advisory Services
- Vernon R. Loucks, Jr. - Chairman, The Aethena Group, LLC
- Susie Mathieu - Partner, Spirit Hockey, LLC
- Sheri S. McCoy - Company Group Chairman, Johnson & Johnson
- Dennis A. Roberson - Vice Provost, New Initiatives, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Steve Sanghi - President, CEO, Chairman of the Board, Microchip Technology, Inc.
- Thomas G. Stephens - Executive Vice President, GM Global Powertrain & Global Quality
- Ronald L. Zarrella - Chairman Emeritus, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- Paul A. Allaire - FIRST Chairman: 1995-2000, Chairman & CEO, Retired, Xerox Corporation
- J.T. Battenberg III - Chariman & CEO, Retired, Delphi Corporation
- L. John Doerr III - Partner, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
- Gary L. Tooker - Chairman of the Board, Retired, Motorola, Inc.
Executive Advisory Board
Accessed October 2008: 
- Woodie Flowers, FIRST Executive Advisory Board Chairman - Pappalardo Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ray Almgren - Vice President of Product Marketing and Academic Relations, National Instruments
- Carl Bass - CEO, Autodesk, Inc.
- Gwen M. Campbell - Senior Vice President, Private Wealth Management, UBS Financial Services, Inc.
- Nick Caporella - Chairman & CEO, National Beverage Corp.
- Cosema Crawford - Senior Vice President & Chief Engineer, MTA New York City Transit
- Greg Hale - Chief Safety Officer, VP, Safety, Accessibility & Advanced Technology, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
- Erik Halleus - President & CEO, EuroScandia Enterprises
- James E. Heppelmann - EVP & Chief Product Officer, PTC
- Fred Hubacker - Executive Director, Conway MacKenzie Dunleavy
- Kent H. Hughes - Director of Science, Technology, Woodrow Wilson Center
- Shirley Ann Jackson - President, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen - Owner and Vice Chairman, LEGO Company
- Robert Kruse - Executive Director, ElectricHybrid Vehicle Engineering, GM
- Gordon Lankton - Chairman, Nypro Inc.
- David Lavery - Program Executive for Solar System Exploration, NASA
- Paul Lazarus - President, White Dwarf Productions
- Rey More - Senior Vice President, Chief Quality Officer, Motorola
- William P. Murphy, Jr. - Founder, Cordis Corporation
- Cecilia Neumann - Attorney
- Roland Schmitt - President Emeritus, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Jeanne Shaheen - Former Governor of New Hampshire
- Josh S. Weston - Honorary Chairman, Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
- Vincent Wilczynski, Ph.D. - U.S. Coast Guard Academy