TES Filer City Station is a coal-fired power station that is jointly owned and operated by CMS Energy and the Tondu Corporation in Filer City, Michigan.
- Owner: Tondu Energy Systems
- Parent Company: CMS Energy (50%), Tondu Corporation (40%)
- Plant Nameplate Capacity: 70 MW (Megawatts)
- Units and In-Service Dates: 70 MW (1990)
- Location: 700 Mee St., Filer City, MI 49634
- GPS Coordinates: 44.217, -86.2906
- Electricity Production: 449,575 MWh (2005)
- Coal Consumption:
- Coal Source:
- Number of Employees:
- CO2 Emissions: 629,166 tons (2006)
- SO2 Emissions: 483 tons (2002)
- SO2 Emissions per MWh: 2.15 lb/MWh
- NOx Emissions: 1,119 tons (2002)
- Mercury Emissions:
Articles and Resources
- Existing Electric Generating Units in the United States, 2005, Energy Information Administration, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Environmental Integrity Project, "Dirty Kilowatts: America’s Most Polluting Power Plants", July 2007.
- Facility Registry System, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed Jan. 2009.
- Carbon Monitoring for Action database, accessed Feb. 2009.
- NETL Coal Power Plant Database, National Energy Technology Laboratory, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
- AirData Query Database, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, accessed April 2009.
Related SourceWatch Articles