Franklin D. Murphy
(Redirected from Franklin Murphy)Jump to navigation Jump to search
" Murphy enjoyed an extraordinarily stellar post-KU career. While serving as chancellor of UCLA, he taught classes in medical history and spearheaded major physical and research-oriented advances at the University’s School of Medicine. After leaving in 1968, Murphy became chairman and CEO of the Times Mirror Corporation, serving until 1980 whereupon he took the position of director, then director emeritus until his death in 1994." 
- Former President and Trustee, Samuel H. Kress Foundation 
- Former Trustee, J. Paul Getty Trust (see Davis, p.xiv)
- Margaret L. Davis, The Culture Broker: Franklin D. Murphy and the Transformation of Los Angeles (University of California Press, 2007).
Resources and articles
- ↑ Murphy's Loss, Kansas University, accessed April 16, 2010.
- ↑ Past Presidents and Trustees, Samuel H. Kress Foundation, accessed April 16, 2010.