"Fred Dohse is executive vice president and chief operating officer for Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (SRNS). He is responsible for safe execution of all M&O operations at the Department of Energy’s Savannah River Site, including Savannah River National Laboratory and the site’s tritium operations.... During his tenure at SRNS, Dohse has served as Vice President for Nuclear Materials Operations, with responsibility for safe execution of all nuclear operations at SRS, including the safe, secure and environmentally sound storage, disposition and operation of all special nuclear materials and nuclear fuels.
"Prior to joining SRNS, Dohse served as director of the CVN 77 Nuclear-Powered Aircraft Carrier Program at Northrop Grumman Newport News. In this position, his responsibilities included business operations, program management and customer relations for CVN 77. Dohse also served in the U.S. Navy for 30 years, attaining the rank of captain. During his naval career, he served in leadership positions of increasing responsibility to include:
- Executive assistant to the Director for Naval Reactors
- Commander of Submarine Squadron THREE
- Military assistant to the President’s national security advisor
- Deputy executive secretary for the National Security Council (NSC) staff
- Director of the Nuclear Arms Control Division, Joint Staff (Pentagon)
- Commanding Officer, USS MEMPHIS (SSN 691)."
Resources and articles
- savannahrivernuclearsolutions Fred Dohse, organizational web page, accessed September 17, 2012.