Freedom Partners Shared Services
Follow the money in the Koch wiki.
Freedom Partner Shared Services(formerly Center for Shared Services) is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that provides administrative support, human resources, and recruitment services for Koch-funded entities. Freedom Partners Shared Services's website describes its mission as to "promote a freer and more prosperous society by providing job opportunities with our network organizations and empowering their employees to make a difference."
Politico describes FPSS as "a nonprofit recruiter and administrative support team for other Koch-backed groups, which provides assistance with everything from scouting office space to accounting to furniture and security." Job openings listed on the FPSS job board in February 2016 included positions at i360, Generation Opportunity, The Libre Initiative, Freedom Partners, Concerned Veterans for America, Cause of Action, all Koch entities.
Charles Koch is the right-wing billionaire owner of Koch Industries. As one of the richest people in the world, he is a key funder of the right-wing infrastructure, including the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and the State Policy Network (SPN). In SourceWatch, key articles on Charles Koch and his late brother David include: Koch Brothers, Americans for Prosperity, Stand Together Chamber of Commerce, Stand Together, Koch Family Foundations, Koch Universities, and I360.
Ties to the Koch Brothers
According to the Washington Post and based on reporting by the Center for Responsive Politics, Freedom Partners Shared Services (then Center for Shared Services) is part of "a coalition of allied conservative groups active in the 2012 elections that together raised at least $407 million, backed by a donor network organized by the industrialists Charles and David Koch." Between 2010 and 2012, the FPSS received $2.7 million from Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce and another $1.2 million from the Koch-linked TC4 Trust. Freedom Partners gave FPSS $10,405,000 in 2013 and $9,750,000 in 2014.
- Total Revenue: $13,238,874
- Total Expenses: $10,162,516
- Net Assets: $6,218,076
FPSS does not list its staff or board on its website. Its 2014 tax filings included the following personnel:
- Paul Wheeler, Trustee
- Sarah Field, Trustee and Executive Director
- Jennifer Procopio, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Katrina Cotter, Chief Financial Officer
- Dustin Perry, Executive Director of Finance
- Nolan Ingebrigston, Accounting Director
- Michael Rubert, Executive Director GEI
- Sarah Bowman, Director of Human Resources
Freedom Partners Shared Services
1320 N. Courthouse Road, Suite 300
Arlington, VA 22201
Freedom Partners Shared Services lists RION, LLC as a disregarded entity on its tax filings.
- Freedom Partners Shared Services, Freedom Partners Shared Services, Freedom Partners Shared Services, 2016.
- Kenneth P. Vogel, "Koch World 2014," Politico, January 14, 2014. Accessed June 18, 2014.
- Matea Gold, "The players in the Koch-backed $400 million political donor network," Washington Post, January 5, 2014. Accessed June 18, 2014.
- Al Shaw, Theodoric Meyer, and Kim Barker, "How Dark Money Flows Through the Koch Network," ProPublica, February 14, 2014. Accessed June 18, 2014.
- Freedom Partners, 2012 990, organizational website, accessed October 6, 2014.
- Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, 2013 IRS Form 990, organizational tax filing, November 21, 2014.
- Freedom Partners, 2014 990, Freedom Partners, 2015. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "2014irs" defined multiple times with different content
- Leo Castaneda, Brad Racino, and Joanne Faryon, "Groups represented at the secret Koch brothers summit," inewsource, June 16, 2014. Accessed June 18, 2014.