Future of Iraq Project External Links
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Future of Iraq Project External Links
Also see Future of Iraq Project Main Page.
- Excellent web site with exhaustive links to all things regarding the Future of Iraq: Future of Iraq Portal, JustinAlexander.net, updated August 27, 2003.
- The Gulf/2000 Project. Gulf/2000 Project preceded the Future of Iraq Project. Web site copyright date 1999.
- Iraq: Relief and Recovery, Development Gateway. Articles, news, activities.
- Julian Borger, Rebel groups reject CIA overtures down on the farm, Guardian Unlimited, July 10, 2002.
- U.S. to Work with a "Broad Array" of Iraqi Opposition Groups. State's Reeker says planning underway for post-Saddam Iraq, U.S. Department of State, International Information Programs, August 8, 2002.
- Vicki Silverman, Iraqi-Born Economist Focuses on the Future of Iraq. Interview with Salah Al-Sheikhly, former head of Iraq's Central Bank, U.S. Department of State, International Information Programs, August 12, 2002.
- Vicki Silverman, Iraqi-born Economist Focuses on the Future of Iraq. (Interview with Salah Al-Sheikhly, former head of Iraq's Central Bank), U.S. Embassy, Israel, August 12, 2002.
- Telis Demos, Iraq's Morning After. To compensate for ignoring so many repressive regimes, the United States will have to sign up for hte bumpy ride that inventing a regime entails, Columbia Political Review, October 2002.
- Zalmay Khalilzad, Special Assistant to the President for Near East, South West Asian, and North African Affairs. "The Future of Iraq Policy" Remarks at The Washington Institute's 2002 Weinberg Founders Conference, Washington Institute, October 5, 2002.
- Vicki Silverman, Straight Talk About "The Day After" Saddam. (Iraqi Experts Discuss Short-Term Economic Needs of a Free Iraq), GlobalSecurity.org, November 8, 2002.
- Andrew Buncombe, US Training Iraqis to Run Post-Saddam Government, GlobalPolicy.org, November 15, 2002.
- Vicki Silverman, Iraqis Discuss Transition Plan For Representative Government. Outline duties of four consultative councils at U.S. Institute of Peace seminar, U.S. Department of State, International Information Programs, November 15, 2002. References to Iraq National Group and Iraqi National Congress and mention of Talib Aziz, a founding member of the Congress.
- Vicki Silverman, Iraqi Professionals Discuss the Future of Local Government and Oil. Two working groups of Future of Iraq Project meet in late December, U.S. Department of State, International Information Programs, December 31, 2002.
- Voices on Iraq, Guardian Unlimited, 2003. A collection of 30 exclusive interviews giving an insight into Iraq's past, present and future.
- Vicki Silverman, Iraqis Seek Primary Role in Prosecuting Crimes Against Humanity. Iraqi jurist says international community should play supportive role, U.S. Department of State, International Information Programs, January 10, 2003.
- "Free Iraqis" to Discuss Future of Iraqi Economy, Infrastructure. Discussions part of State Department's Future of Iraq Project, U.S. Department of State, January 29, 2003.
- "Free Iraqi to Discuss Future of Iraqi Economy, Infrastructure. (Discussions part of State Department's Future of Iraq Project), U.S. Diplomatic Mission to Pakistan, U.S. Embassy Islamabad, January 30, 2003.
- Future of Iraq: Key Documents, Speeches, and Presentations, U.S. Embassy, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, February 2003.
- Statement of Douglas Jay Feith, Under Secrerary of Defense for Policy befor the Committee on Senate Foreign Relations. Future of Iraq. Post-War Planning, Federal Document Clearing House, February 11, 2003.
- Judy Aita, Contingency Plans Underway For Post-War Iraq, U.S. Official Says Deputy national security advisor describes "Future of Iraq Project", U.S. Department of State, International Information Programs, February 12, 2003.
- Iraq: Imagining the Day After. Winning on the battlefield may be a cakewalk compared with securing the peace, Bulletin Ninemsn.com, February 12, 2003. Includes comments re Jay M. Garner.
- Frank Gibney, "Opinion: After Hussein / Postwar: Iraq Is No Japan", Pomona College, February 23, 2003.
- Mike Warren, U.S. State Department: Future of Iraq Project, Mike-Warren.com, February 25, 2003.
- George Packer, Dreaming Of Democracy, The New York Times, March 2, 2003.
- Paul Marshall, Dangerous Waters. Will the U.S. nurture an Islamist Iraq?, National Review, March 7, 2003.
- Robert Dreyfuss, Humpty Dumpty in Baghdad. How the Pentagon plans to dominate postwar Iraq, The American Prospect, April 5, 2003.
- Coalition Forces Can Enter Baghdad At Will, Central Command Report, Iraq Operational Update, Daily Washington File, U.S. Embassy Romania, April 7, 2003.
- Transcript: State Department Noon Briefing, April 9, 2003, on Iraq, Russia, North Korea, China; State Department Spokesman Richard Boucher briefed. References Future of Iraq "people" and operations in Iraq by Garner.
- Eric Schmitt and Steven R. Weisman, U.S. to Recruit Iraqi Civilians to Interim Posts, The New York Times, April 10, 2003.
- John W. Dean, Nation Building In Iraq: Future Plans And Problems For the Postwar Period, FindLaw's Legal Commentary, April 11, 2003.
- Elizabeth Neuffer and Stephen Glain, POSTWAR IRAQ: Uniting the opposition proving difficult, The Boston Globe, April 11, 2003.
- Anthony Borden,Media: Help Them Create a BBC of Their Own, The Washington Post, April 13, 2003.
- William Rivers Pitt, How America Lost the War, Truthout, April 14, 2003.