Jump to navigation Jump to search
"The history of GEMS Education dates back to 1959. This was the year when the Late K.S. Varkey and Mrs. Mariamma Varkey, the parents of current GEMS Chairman, Sunny Varkey, arrived in Dubai from India... A few years later, in 1980, Sunny Varkey took over the business from his parents. Over the past three decades GEMS Education has grown from a small family run business to a multi-national company with global reach and reputation. "
- Dino Varkey - Group Executive Director and Board Member, GEMS Education
- William Wellesley is the Group Chief Operating Officer
Accessed May 2013: 
- Lord Adonis
- Mark Vaile
- Martin Stephen
- Eric Anderson
- Barnaby Lenon
- Pat Preedy
- Bill Lucas
- Sir Mike Tomlinson
Consultants and Advisors (selection)
Accessed July 2012: 
- Prince Michael of Kent - GEMS patron
- Mark Vaile - Chairman, GEMS PREACH
- Bill Lucas - Co-Director, University of Winchester
- Stephen Heppell - Technology in Education Expert
- Peter McWalters - Commissioner of Education, Rhode Island
- Barnaby Lenon - Chairman - Independent Schools Council, UK
Resources and articles
- ↑ GEMS Education History, organizational web page, accessed July 12, 2012.
- ↑ GEMS Education Solutions Global Experts, organizational web page, accessed May 22, 2013.
- ↑ GEMS Education Consultants and Advisors, organizational web page, accessed July 12, 2012.