Gansu Baiyin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Gansu Baiyin power station (靖煤集团白银热电公司新建项目) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant at 1 Dongwei Second Road in Baiyin Prefecture.
Background on Project
Gansu Jingyuan Coal Electricity has proposed to build a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 700 MW in Gansu Province. The projected cost of the plant is 3.35 billion yuan
Unit 1 was commissioned in 2015, and unit 2 in 2016. It is a CHP power plant, supplying heat to 10 million square meters of constructions in Baiyin city, besides electricity generation.
- Sponsor: Gansu Jingyuan Coal Electricity
- Location: 1 Dongwei Second Road, Yindong District, Baiyin Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.528794, 104.227454 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2015 (Unit 1), 2016 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: