George R. Salem
"George Salem chairs Akin Gump's Middle East practice and concentrates on labor and employment law. He joined the firm in 1990 after serving as solicitor of the U.S. Department of Labor during the second Ronald Reagan term.
"In addition to playing key roles in the Reagan-Bush '84, Bush-Quayle '88 and Bush-Cheney 2000 campaigns, Mr. Salem served as a member of the board of directors of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation and as chairman of the Tripartite Advisory Panel on International Labor Standards, the legal arm of the President's Committee on the International Labor Organization.
"Mr. Salem received a B.A. in 1975 and a J.D. in 1977 from Emory University. In 1984 he received an LL.M. in labor law from the Georgetown University Law Center. He is a member of the Bars of Georgia, Florida and the District of Columbia.
"Mr. Salem serves on the board of directors of both the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee and NAAA-ADC, co-founded the Arab American Institute in 1985 and currently serves as its chairman, and has served as treasurer of United Palestinian Appeal, Inc. since 1982. He is a past president of the National Association of Arab Americans." Member of the Aspen Institute / Middle East Strategy Group.
- Trustee, MIFTAH 
- Director, United Palestinian Appeal 
- Advisory Board, University of the Middle East Project 
- Advisory Board, Center for Contemporary Arab Studies 
- Trustees Advisory Council, One Voice 
Resources and articles
- MIFTAH's Vision, Palestinian Initiative for the Promotion of Global Dialogue and Democracy, accessed August 10, 2007.
- Directors, United Palestinian Appeal, accessed October 23, 2009.
- Leadership, University of the Middle East Project, accessed October 28, 2010.
- Board of Advisors, Center for Contemporary Arab Studies, accessed February 10, 2011.
- OneVoice Trustees Advisory Council, organizational web page, accessed January 13, 2013.