Jump to navigation Jump to search
- President, International Centre for Geopolitical and Regional Studies, Tbilisi, since August 1993
- President, Georgian Association for Innovative Technologies, Tbilisi, since June 1996
- Co-director, Institute for Policy Studies, Tbilisi, since December 2001
- Member, Editorial Board, Georgia’s “National Economic Development and Poverty Reduction Programme”, since August 2002
- Head of the preparatory team for the Social Science Support Program at the Open Society - Georgia Foundation (Soros Foundation) – 1998-1999
- Correspondent in Georgia – Reporters Sans Frontieres, Paris: 1996 - 1999
- National Coordinator of the Human Development Report for Georgia, Yearbooks of 1995, 1996 and 1997, jointly prepared by the UN Development Programme and the Georgian Government.
- Member of the Team, Vulnerability and Capacity Assessment for Transcaucasus, carried out by the British Red Cross Society and the IFRC, December 1995 - August 1996
- Director General of the French-Georgian joint venture company "ULEVI Ltd.", 1994-1995
- Co-founder and member of the Executive Board of the "Open Society - Georgia" Foundation (Soros Foundation): 1994
- Co-founder of the Caucasian Institute for Peace, Democracy and Development (CIPDD) in 1992 and Vice-Chairman of the Board till January 1996
- Co-founder and member of the Board of ITIC (International Telecommunications and Information Center) in Tbilisi: 1995-1996
- Co-founder (in 1995) and Board member of the GAIT (Georgian Association for Innovative Technologies)
- Co-founder and member of the Board of the Library Development Foundation, Tbilisi, 1996-1998
- Presidential Committee for Peaceful Caucasus, 1998-1999
- Co-founder of the Georgian Ecological Association, and of the Caucasian Club Society, in 1988.
- Founder and the first president of the Giorgi Chubinashvili Foundation, 1992-1994
- 1992-1994 – Head, Social Sciences Program at the European School of Management (ESM-Tbilisi).
- 1990 - Director, School of Business Management at the Caucasian Exchange
- 1988-1989 - President, Society with limited responsibility "Anima"
- School teacher of physics at 53rd Secondary School of Tbilisi (1985-1986)
- Painter of TV and radio towers (1980-1985).
- From 1979 until 1995 - Researcher and Senior Lecturer, Tbilisi State University, Physics Department.
- USIA International Visitor to the USA, July 1996
- USIA Exchange Visitor to the USA, January 1999
- "Research and Writing Grant for Individual Project" by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, April 1999 -October 2000
- Contemporary Issues Fellowship of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, US Department of State / IREX, April 2000 (February-June 2001)
- NATO Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council Research Fellowship for 2000 – 2002
- Open Society Institute International Policy Fellowship, January 1, 2001 – November 30, 2003
- Board, Friends of Georgian National Archives, USA
- Central Eurasia Studies Society (CESS)
- The Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe (NISPAcee)
- Consultative Council at the Georgian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Editorial Board, Iberica-Caucasica Series, Curzon Press, London (the publishing company merged recently with Taylor & Francis)
Resources and articles
- George Tarkhan-Mouravi, accessed August 24, 2007.