Gerald W. Schlabach
"I am an associate professor of theology at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota. Previously I taught history at Bluffton College, a Mennonite liberal arts college in Ohio. I received my doctorate from the University of Notre Dame, where I studied ethics in the Department of Theology. During much of the 1980s I worked in Central America with Mennonite Central Committee, a organization dedicated to peace, justice, Christ-like service and global education. A Roman Catholic as of Pentecost 2004, I am a Benedictine oblate, am deeply involved in the Bridgefolk movement for grassroots dialogue and unity between Mennonites and Catholics, and continue to call myself a "Mennonite Catholic.""  CV
- Member, Steering Committee of Fellowship of Reconciliation Task Force on Latin America and the Caribbean, 1987-89.
- Charter member of Servicio Paz y Justicia - Nicaragua (SERPAJ-Nic.), 1984-1985.
- Bush Foundation Grant to develop course on Just War and Christian Conscience, with Col. Francis Sick, AFROTC, 2007
- Editor and lead author. Just Policing, Not War: An Alternative Response to World Violence. With Drew Christiansen, S.J., Ivan Kauffman, John Paul Lederach, Reina C. Neufeldt, Margaret R. Pfeil, Glen H. Stassen, and Tobias Winright. Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2007.
- Co-editor, with Duane K. Friesen. At Peace and Unafraid: Public Order, Security and the Wisdom of the Cross. Scottdale, Pa.: Herald Press, 2005.
- General editor. Called Together to be Peacemakers: Report of the International Dialogue Between the Catholic Church and Mennonite World Conference, 1998–2003. Abridged edition with discussion questions. Eds Willard Roth and Gerald W. Schlabach. With an introduction by Helumt Harder. Discussion questions by Eric Massanari. Bridgefolk Series, no. 3. Kitchener, Ont.: Pandora Press, 2004.
- Editor. On Baptism: Mennonite-Catholic Theological Colloquium, 2001-2002. The Bridgefolk Series. Kitchener, Ont.: Pandora Press, 2004.
- For the Joy Set Before Us: Augustine and Self-Denying Love. Notre Dame, Ind.: University of Notre Dame Press, 2001.
- Translator. Roger Arnaldez, Three Messengers for One God [Trois messagers pour un seul Dieu (Paris: Editions Albin Michel, 1983)]. With Mary Louise Gude and David Burrell. Notre Dame, Ind.: University of Notre Dame Press, 1995.
- To Bless All Peoples: Serving With Abraham and Jesus. Peace and Justice Series 12. Scottdale, Pa.: Herald Press, 1991.
- Spanish translation: Un pueblo para todos los pueblos: la comunidad abrahámica y el servicio cristiano. Colección: Siervos en comunidad. Guatemala: Ediciones CLARA-SEMILLA, 1994.
- Co-editor, with Phil McManus. Relentless Persistence: Nonviolent Action in Latin America. With an introduction by Leonardo Boff. Philadelphia: New Society Publishers, 1991.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Gerald W. Schlabach, University of St. Thomas, accessed August 24, 2009.