Gilbert Achcar "grew up in Lebanon and teaches political science at London’s School of Oriental and African Studies. His best-selling book ’The Clash of Barbarisms’ came out in a second expanded edition in 2006, alongside a book of his dialogues with Noam Chomsky on the Middle East, ’Perilous Power’. He is co-author of ’The 33-Day War: Israel’s War on Hezbollah in Lebanon and It’s Consequences’." 
- Gilbert Achcar, "Libya: a legitimate and necessary debate from an anti-imperialist perspective", Znet, March 25, 2011. (For criticisms see comments after article particularly Joe Emersberger's)
- Pham Binh, "Gilbert Achcar: Cruise Missile Marxist?", Dissident Voice, March 30, 2011.
- Gilbert Achcar, "Barack Obama’s Libya Speech and the Tasks of Anti-Imperialists", Znet, March 25, 2011. (again see criticisms in comments section)
- Edward S. Herman, "Gilbert Achcar's Defense of Humanitarian Intervention", MRZine, April 8, 2011.
- Michael McGehee, "Gilbert Achcar on Libya and Syria", Blog, April 9, 2012.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Gilbert Achcar, International Viewpoint, accessed December 10, 2008.