Gilbert Adams is the secretary of Bear Trust International, a Missoula, Montana-based organization that claims to work to "to conserve all 8 species of the world’s bears, other wildlife, and habitat" and that has lobbied against bear and wolf protection legislation alongside a number of gun lobby and sport-hunting advocacy organizations including Safari Club International and the National Rifle Association. 
Adams is the owner of JAG Ranch, a 1,600-acre canned hunt ranch facility in Dimmit County, Texas. JAG Ranch sells pre-arranged trophy hunts of whitetail deer in addition to canned hunts of exotic and African game species. 
Articles & Sources
- Bear Trust International, "Vision and Mission," organizational website, accessed March 14, 2016.
- Various organizations, "Letter to President Barack Obama Opposing the Bear Protection Act of 2008 (page 1)," lobbying letter, March 6, 2008, accessed March 7, 2016.
- Various organizations, "Letter to President Barack Obama Urging Him to Support Removal of Endangered Species Act Protections for Gray Wolves (page 1)," letter, March 6, 2008.
- JAG Ranch, "About Us", facility website, accessed March 14, 2016.
- JAG Ranch, "Exotic & African Game Hunts," facility website, accessed March 14, 2016.