Global Alliance for Workers and Communities
(Redirected from Global Alliance for Workers and their Communities)Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the website:
- GA is an initiative that promotes collaboration among private, public and not for profit partners. Global brands offer GA the opportunity to work in their contract factories overseas, to influence local business practices and to promote the concept of corporate social responsibility in developing countries. At the country level, GA works with many non-profit organizations to deliver programs and services to young workers. GA also works closely with factory managers to improve work place conditions and address critical issues that affect workers. A brief description of local partners can be found under the country sections.
Multilateral & Academic Partners
- The World Bank Group
- St. John's University
- Penn State
- Nieves Confesor, Dean, Asian Institute of Management, the Philippines
- Maria Eitel, VP and Senior Advisor Corporate Responsibility, Nike, Inc.
- David Hornbeck, President and CEO International Youth Foundation
- Rick R. Little, President of Imagine Nations, Chair of the Board of Global Alliance
- Carol Michaels O'Laughlin, Executive Director, Global Alliance for Workers and Communities
- Laurie Shanahan, Senior VP, General Counsel, Gap Inc.
- Nigel Twose, Manager, Foreign Investment Advisory Service, Manager of Corporate Social Responsibility, World Bank HQ
- Simon Zadek, Chair, Institute of Social and Ethical AccountAbility, United Kingdom
- Jane Youyun Zhang, Special Adviser on Women Workers' Questions, ILO Beijing
- Michael Allen, director of external affairs