Global Compact Corporate Partners
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The membership of the Global Compact Corporate Partners includes the Shell Oil Company, BP PLC, Nike Inc., Tio Tinto PLC, Novartis, Aracruz Cellulose, Aventis, Bayer, BASF, DuPont, and DaimlerChrysler, identified among some of the companies with "the most egregious human rights and environmental records."
Related SourceWatch articles
- Global Compact Primer.
- DaimlerChrysler and The Global Compact, DaimlerChrysler.
- Kenny Bruno, Perilous Partnerships. The UN's Corporate Outreach Program , Multinational Monitor, March 2000.
- Coalition Says Global Compact Threatens UN Mission And Integrity. Corporate Partners Scrutinized, Common Dreams, July 25, 2000.
- NGO Letter to UN Secretary General on Global Compact re Nike Inc.,Third World Network, July 28, 2000.
- Ellen Paine, The Road to the Global Compact: Corporate Power And The Battle Over Global Public Policy at The United Nations, Global Policy, October 2000. Particularly focuses on think tank opposition to Globalization, i.e. Heritage Foundation and Cato Institute.
- Global Compact with Corporations: "Civil Society" Responds, Women's International Leage for Peace and Freedom, February 15, 2001.
- "Globalization": the UN’s "Safe Haven" for the World’s Marginalized, Laetus in Praesens, March 6, 2001.
- Nityanand Jayaraman, Norsk Hydro: Global Compact Violator, CorpWatchIndia, October 18, 2001.