The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, based in Akron, Ohio, USA, is the third largest tire maker in the world, behind Japan's Bridgestone and France's Michelin. Goodyear has retail stores selling tires and providing automotive repair. It also sells tires to the world's automakers. Brands include Goodyear, Dunlop, Kelly, Fulda, Debica, and Sava.  
Discover Which Corporations are the Biggest Violators of Environmental, Health and Safety Laws in the United States
Violation Tracker is the first national search engine on corporate misconduct covering environmental, health, and safety cases initiated by 13 federal regulatory agencies. Violation Tracker is produced by the Corporate Research Project of Good Jobs First. Click here to access Violation Tracker.
Ad boycott against Air America Radio
Goodyear refused to advertise on the progressive Air America Radio. In October 2006, around 90 companies, including Goodyear, told ABC Radio Networks that they did not want their ads to play on radio stations that carried Air America Radio.   
The company spent $1,520,000 for lobbying in the first half of 2007. $280,000 went to five lobbying firms, including The Livingston Group, Covington & Burling, and Alston & Bird, with the remainder being spent using in-house lobbyists. 
|Key executives and 2006 pay: ||Options
|Robert J. Keegan, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer||N/A||N/A|
|Richard J. Kramer, President of North American Tire Business||N/A||N/A|
|C. Thomas Harvie, General Counsel||N/A||N/A|
|Joseph M. Gingo, Chief Technology Officer||$1,930,000||$140,000|
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- John G. Breen, Retired Chairman of the Board, The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Gary D. Forsee, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer & President, Sprint Nextel Corporation
- Denise M.Morrison, President-Campbell USA, Campbell Soup Company
- G. Craig Sullivan, Retired Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, The Clorox Company
- Thomas H.Weidemeyer, Retired Senior Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, United Parcel Service
1144 E. Market Street
Akron, OH 44316
Resources and articles
- Goodyear Profile, Hoovers, accessed October 2007.
- Goodyear Profile, Yahoo Finance, accessed October 2007.
- Marc Fisher, "Air America, in the Throes of Victory?", The Washington Post, December 10, 2006.
- "Air America on Ad Blacklist?", FAIR, October 31, 2006.
- "Air America Blackout", FAIR.org/ABC memo, October 25, 2006.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed October 2007.
- Goodyear lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed October 2007.
- Goodyear Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed October 2007.
- Pg 107, Board of Directors, Goodyear, accessed October 2007.