Great Lakes Region and Genocide Prevention APPG
The Great Lakes Region And Genocide Prevention Group exists 'to highlight problems facing the Great Lakes Region in the aftermath of genocide in Rwanda; to promote the aims of the UN Convention on the crime of genocide; and to consider related issues'
- Chair: Oona King MP (Lab)
- Vicechair: Andrew Robathan MP (Con)
- Vicechair: Ann McKechin MP (Lab)
- Secretary: Julia Drown MP (Lab)
- Secretary: Dr Jenny Tonge MP (LD)
- Treasurer: Eric Joyce MP (Lab)
- Contact: Mr Ben Shepherd , c/o Oona King MP, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Tel: 020 7219 1165.
Oxfam £5000; Christian Aid £5000; Save the Children £5000; International Alert £3000; Warchild £3000; Tearfund £3000; United Nations Association £1200; Action Aid £1200.
In addition the following have jointly paid £18,000 towards the production of an independent report on the Democratic Republic of Congo: Save the Children UK, Fauna and Flora International, Tearfund, Warchild, Oxfam, and Christian Aid (registered November 2002).
Other SourceWatch resources
- All-Party Parliamentary Group
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Subject Groups
- All Party Groups in the House of Commons: Country Groups
- "Register of All-Party Groups", United Kingdom Parliament. (List dated 16 September 2004.)