Guodian Changyuan Jingzhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Changyuan Jingzhou Power Station (国电长源荆州热电公司二期) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hubei Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Hubei Province.
Background on Plant
Guodian Changyuan Jingzhou Cogeneration Co., Ltd., formerly known as Guodian Changyuan Shashi thermal power plant, was a four-unit plant originally built in 1964 with a total installed capacity of 140MW. The units were decommissioned in 2009, after the two current coal-fired units of the power station, totaling 600 MW, were brought online.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Shashi District, Jingzhou Prefecture, Hubei Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.2969959, 112.3091386 (exact)
- Status: Retired (Units 1-4), Operating (Units 5-6)
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 5&6: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2009
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电长源荆州热电有限公司", 荆州经济开发区就业网, 2013-01-29
- "国电长源荆州热电2号机组年内将全部投入商业运行", 荆州新闻网
- "国电长源电力股份有限公司企业概况", 中国国电集团, accessed November 2014
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017