Guodian Huangjinbu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Huangjinbu power station is a 1,300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangxi Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Huangjinbu Town (Huangjinbuzhen), Yugan County, Shangrao Prefecture, Jiangxi Province.
Background on Plant
Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group) is currently planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW. The new units are scheduled to be completed in 2015.
The project was among 15 projects cancelled by China's National Energy Administration (NEA) in September 2016.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Units 3 & 4 Expansion
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Huangjinbu Town (Huangjinbuzhen), Yugan County, Shangrao Prefecture, Jiangxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 28.4513359, 116.8604779 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电江西黄金埠电厂二期扩建项目获准开工", 网易新闻中心, 2011-06-16
- "华东电力设计院签订国电黄金埠发电厂二期2×1000兆瓦扩建工程勘测设计合同", 中国电力规划设计协会, 2013-10-10
- "关于国电黄金埠电厂二期2×1000兆瓦扩建工程环境影响报告书的批复",中华人民共和国环境保护部, 环审86号, 2012-03-29
- "省能源局召开推进黄金埠电厂二期工程的沟通会", 江西省发展和改革委员会, 2013-05-14
- "全国五大发电集团、地方中国五大发电集团排名 电厂及所属," China NEA, Sep 23, 2016
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017