Guodian Jiangnan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Jiangnan power station (国电吉林江南热电一期) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jilin Province, China.
The power station is different from the Guodian Jilin power station.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Jiangnan Township (Jiangnanxiang).
Background on Plant
The 2011 county government's annual report proposed expanding the power station by 2 x 1,000 MW, but since then there have been no further developments, and the project appears abandoned.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Jiangnan Township (Jiangnanxiang), Fengman District, Jilin Prefecture, Jilin Province, China
- Coordinates: 43.793557, 126.5896225 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2); Cancelled (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW); 2,000 (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2010 (Units 1-2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "吉林江南公司两台新建机组全部投产发电", 中国国电集团公司, 2011-01-07
- "中国经济网:国电吉林江南公司一号机通过168试运正式投产",中国国电集团公司, 2010-12-29
- "Coal-Fired Plants in China - Heilongjiang & Jilin," Power plants around the world, accessed November 2014
- "2011年政府工作报告_规划总结_吉林市丰满区人民政府," jlfm.gov.cn, Nov 19, 2012
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017