Guodian Jilin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Jilin power station (吉林热电厂) is a 650-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jilin Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Jilin Province.
Background on Plant
This Guodian Jilin power station was founded in 1955. As of 2014 the plant had 4 operational boilers totaling 650 MW. The units are: 2 X 125 MW and 2 X 200 MW, put into operation from 1988 to 2001.
Description of Expansion
Guodian plans to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 700 MW. The environmental impact assessment was reported as suspended in July 2013, and a new EIA is underway.
The proposed units were among 15 projects cancelled by China's National Energy Administration (NEA) in September 2016.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details of expansion
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Jilin City, Longtan District, Jilin Prefecture, Jilin Province, China
- Coordinates: 44.00886, 126.53628 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (2 x 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Coal-Fired Plants in China - Heilongjiang & Jilin," Power plants around the world, accessed November 2014
- "关于吉林省电力工程建设领域突出问题专项治理整改情况的报告",吉林省人民政府网, 2011-06-23
- "国电集团旗下两工程环评不过关被“暂缓审批”",腾讯财经, 2013-07-12
- "吉林热电抓好关停机组拆除为节能减排献力",中国国电集团公司, 2013-12-06
- "吉林热电2×350MW项目获批接入电网",中国国电集团公司, 2013-08-13
- "全国五大发电集团、地方中国五大发电集团排名 电厂及所属," China NEA, Sep 23, 2016
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017