Guodian Shenyang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Shenyang power station (国电沈阳热电公司) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Liaoning Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant at 20th Hunhe Street in Tiexi District.
Background on Plant
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Northeast Co
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: 20th Hunhe Street, Tiexi District, Shenyang, Dalian Prefecture, Liaoning Province, China
- Coordinates: 41.72563, 123.188586 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1&2: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2012
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "沈阳分公司2号机组脱硫系统顺利通过168小时试运," China Guodian, 2012-04-12
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017