Guodian Shucheng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Shucheng power station (国电舒城电厂) is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
The map below shows Baishenmiao Town, the proposed location for the power station.
Background on Project
Guodian Shucheng power station is a proposed 2 x 600 MW coal plant by China Guodian. It is planned for Baishenmiao Town.
As of November 2017 there have been no developments on this project, which appears to be shelved.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Baishenmiao Town, Shucheng County, Lu'an Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 31.306389, 116.793056 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW)
- Year built:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电舒城电厂（2×600MW）工程可行性研究报告获专家审查通过," Shu 163, date unknown
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017