(Redirected from H.E. Václav Havel)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Vaclav Havel is a Czech writer and dramatist. He was the ninth and last President of Czechoslovakia (1989-1992) and the first President of the Czech Republic (1993-2003).
- Cofounder, Foundation of Dagmar and Vaclav Havel
- Member, International Committee for Democracy in Cuba
- Patron, New Atlantic Initiative
- Honorary Patron, Global Leadership Foundation 
- International Advisory Board, Journal of Democracy 
- International Advisory Board, Orange Circle 
- Global Council on Planetary Ethics and Values, World Commission on Global Consciousness and Spirituality
- Recipient of the Premio Internazionale Vittorino Colombo award from Fondazione Vittorino Colombo in 2005 
- Recipient of the Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt Institute: Four Freedoms Award in 1990
- Recipient of the International Rescue Committee: Freedom Award in 2003
- Recipient of the NED Democracy Award in 1991
- Recipient of the 2007 NED Democracy Service Medal
- Member, Committee of 100 for Tibet 
- Honorary Member, Club of Budapest: Members
- Member, Coalition to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong in China 
- Co-Chairman, The Comitee on the Present Danger in 2008 
- Winner of the 1989 Olof Palme Prize 
- International Board of Governors, Peres Center for Peace 
- 2004 winner of the Centre of Peace and Multiethnic Cooperation peace award
- Visionary, The Vision Project
- Winner of the Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Martin Butora
- Ivan Klima
- Alexandr Vondra
- Karel Muzikar
- Oldrich Cerny - his former National Security Advisor
- The New Humanitarians – Member
- Michael Zantovsky - former press secretary
- Jan Bubeník
- Honorary Patrons, Global Leadership Foundation, accessed January 11, 2010.
- Editorial Board & Staff, Journal of Democracy, accessed September 24, 2007.
- International Advisory Board, Orange Circle, accessed April 5, 2011.
- Premio Internazionale Vittorino Colombo
- Democracy Service Medal, NED, accessed September 14, 2007.
- About, Committee of 100 for Tibet, accessed March 19, 2008.
- Members, Coalition to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong in China, accessed July 30, 2008.
- Membership List, The Comitee on the Present Danger, accessed December 30, 2008
- Olof Palme Prize, The Olof Palme Memorial Fund, accessed November 20, 2009.
- "XXVIth Meeting of European Group, Prague, Czech Republic—October 18-20, 2002," Trilateral.org, accessed March 2009.
- International Board of Governors, Peres Center for Peace, accessed February 19, 2010.
- Edward S. Herman and David Peterson, Morality's Avenging Angels: The New Humanitarian Crusaders, Znet, 30 August 2005.