"Salford’s MP since 1997, Hazel Blears is proud of Labour’s record in transforming the city of her birth. She has helped bring hundreds of millions of pounds of investment in schools, housing and the NHS, and given greater powers to local communities. She is especially proud of progress in education – with Salford currently ranked the most improved area in Greater Manchester for GCSE results.
"Hazel has held a number of senior positions including chair of the Labour Party, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government and Minister of State for Policing and Counter Terrorism.
"Since the election Hazel has been appointed to the Intelligence and Security Committee, responsible for the oversight of the UK’s intelligence agencies. She has also established and chairs Labour’s Social Action Forum which is helping to shape Labour’s response to the Big Society agenda." 
- Green Alliance: Individual Members
- Trustee, Social Mobility Foundation 
- Advisor, Res Publica Trust 
- Political Council member, Henry Jackson Society 
Resources and articles
- Hazel Blears About, organizational web page, accessed April 15, 2012.
- Social Mobility Foundation Trustees, organizational web page, accessed August 3, 2012.
- Res Publica Trust Advisors and Trustees, organizational web page, accessed November 13, 2014.
- Council, Henry Jackson Society, accessed June 4, 2015.